Monday, October 6, 2014

Glory of It

I just love being a parent even though my kids are older now I loved it when they were young too! The fun we had teaching and learning from one another one of the main tools as a family as a unit. Now I have a question for parents of those young and older, Do you believe that kids in the home cracking negative jokes on each other is good for the kids? I really don't it breaks down the kids self-esteem before it can really be built up, I get a lot of feedback saying their just kids but I did not allow it in my home.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. My boys, 7 and 4, have older siblings on their father's side who are raised extremely different from how I raise mine so they don't get to come to my house. I am not obligated since their father and I are not together anymore but it does make me feel bad that my children cannot enjoy the big family that they were blessed with. These kids call eachother fat cows and idiots, etc. and they learn it from their mother's side of the family who call eachother much worse then that. They say it's all in good fun but my family played cards and other games for fun, we didn't try to lower self-esteems or hurt feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog but I will not get the wonderful opportunity to be parent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up, my sisters and I would make jokes at each other all the time. It never came out of a place of negativity, it was all more fun and games. I don't think it's negative thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think its anything wrong with cracking jokes. My nephew just turned 5 and he always making fun of someone. I think it builds character and its just for fun. My son is only 1 so im sure when hes up in age he will be doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete